OK, folks, it’s time for another giveaway! Up for grabs this time is a Blu-Ray of one of this year’s biggest horror films, The Conjuring!
Based on a true story, the movie tells the horrifying account of how famed paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren were summoned to help a family terrorized by a dark presence in a secluded farmhouse which they recently bought. In fighting this powerful demonic being, the Warrens find themselves in the middle of the most terrifying case of their lives!
Get The Conjuring on Blu-ray & DVD October 22nd!
But first check out these five things to know before you watch The Conjuring, with accompanying GIFs that you can control by moving your mouse across them!
1) The Conjuring is directed by the acclaimed James Wan, the Australian-born director of the fright-fests Insidious and the Saw series. His Twitter handle is @CreepyPuppet. Say no more.
2) The Conjuring has been given an “R” rating by the MPAA. Not because of blood, gore, or violence, but simply because it’s just so scary from start to finish!
3) The Conjuring’s cast and crew experienced creepy events during filming. Scratches appeared out of nowhere on Vera Farmiga’s computer soon after she agreed to act in the movie, the crew were routinely woken by something in the “witching hour” between 3 and 4AM, and the real-life Carolyn Perron fell and broke her hip while visiting the set.
4) The Rhode Island farmhouse where The Conjuring is set once belonged to an accused witch, Bathsheba, who tried to sacrifice her children to the devil and killed herself in 1863.
5) Hold your applause! The Conjuring will make you terrified to clap! Whether it’s playing a traditional game of hide-and-seek by following the clapping sounds like the mother and daughter in the movie, or being terrorized by ghostly claps in different rooms of the haunted farmhouse, these claps throughout the movie will give you the creeps!
Pretty cool, huh?
The giveaway will run until 11-01-2013 @ 12:00 AM, so there’s plenty of time to rack up a whole mess of spooky chances! Good luck!
The four ways to enter are:
- Tweet about this giveaway! (This can be done once a day for multiple chances and is worth three entries for each tweet!)
- Like Silver Emulsion on Facebook!
- Follow Silver Emulsion on Twitter!
- Leave a comment with your favorite GIF & fact about The Conjuring!
All entries are tracked via the Rafflecopter app below, so make sure you do everything through there or it doesn’t count!
And some legal stuff: Sorry International friends, this is US & Canada only! No P.O. Boxes as well, as the prize will be mailed via UPS or FedEx.
Each household is only eligible to win 1 The Conjuring Blu-ray via blog reviews and giveaways. Only one entrant per mailing address per giveaway. If you have won the same prize on another blog, you will not be eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification.
This post brought to you by our friends at Warner Brothers!