Hey all, just wanted to drop a note here that things will be a little slower around here for this week, and probably the next couple of weeks too, depending on how my free time goes. And by “slower” I mean instead of seven posts a week, there will be something like three or five.
- Once again, there will not be a Full Moon review this week, but there probably will be next week. Hopefully at that point I will be able to resume weekly posts for the series (because I know how much everyone is just chomping at the bit for them :)).
- There will also not be a Shaw Brothers post this week, but there will definitely be one next week. Weekly posts should resume after that as well.
- I don’t have a clue when I’ll be able to fit in another Jackie or Arnold film, but it might be after the Superman stuff is over. Which brings me to…
- The Superman reviews will be continuing without hiccups.
- Sam Fuller reviews should start rolling in again as well. Again, probably after Superman is over.
- I can’t think of anything else, but if you have any questions, concerns or words of encouragement, feel free to leave them below. They are all much appreciated.
Hope all is good at your end there Will. I know what it’s like to have a daily posting schedule, and believe me, it’s a killer after a while. Going back to twice-weekly (and now thrice weekly!) took a lot of the pressure off, I can assure you.
Eagerly anticipating your Superman Returns review – after we disagreed in Quest For Peace last week, I’m interested to see if we’ll disagree on Singer’s tribute to Donner…..
Thanks, everything is fine. There were just a number of factors that all came together at once. Some were my fault, others the universe’s, but none of them anything major.
I’m also eagerly anticipating finally seeing Superman Returns. I didn’t care much about it upon release, and everyone’s tepid reactions to it never spurred me into watching it. But now I am very excited for it, and I hope it is able to recapture some of that Donner magic. That won’t be this weekend, though… 🙂
But when are we going to get the next Peter Jackson review? After Superman as with the others I’m sure.
I know you’ll get caught up on everything some day. If they ever stop making new movies.
Hahahaha, good question! And I actually have an answer that’s not “After Superman.” Dead Alive, the next PJ review, will be sometime in the next couple of weeks. The LAMB recently selected it as their Movie of the Month, so that means I get to send them a link and they’ll post it up on the LAMB site.
And yes, if they stopped making new movies I would be much better off. Or even if they just made movies that I don’t care about. Like the early 2000s. I’d be OK with a couple years of that. Those side series all got pushed to the back burner because all of a sudden (a few months ago) my local library decided I needed to watch more new movies, as all my holds just started pouring in. And it hasn’t stopped either, I have a few here and a few more waiting to be picked up still, and a bunch more that are about to drop on DVD. I pushed the older movies aside, because I figure the newer stuff is more relevant.
Well, that’s convenient timing! I’ll look forward to it.
And I bet if you let the new movies go back to the library it’ll be months before you can get them again.
Yeah, I can’t wait. It’s been too long since I’ve seen Dead Alive.
Dude, the hold lists here are INSANE. Most movies have something like 100-150 holds upon release, so yeah… they wouldn’t come back around for a while.
Looking forward to you finishing off the Sam Fuller reviews. Underworld usa is a favorite of mine that you haven’t gotten to. So I look forward to that review as well as others
Thanks, it’s been a long time coming. I’ve put them off a lot over the years because I’ll be sad when there’s no more new Fuller films to see. I look forward to Underworld USA, I haven’t seen that one yet. Next up is Crimson Kimono, which I saw right before starting this site, so I’m curious to re-visit it now.